SERIAL KILLER STRESS
If you are suffering from the symptoms of Binge Eating, Excessive Drinking or Smoking, getting irritated on small issues, too much work pending, feeling depressed and angry at everyone, sleep-deprived, unable to concentrate then YOU MAY BE A VICTIM OF STRESS!!!
Stress affects the human body both directly and indirectly. Our body is designed to overcome life-threatening emergencies by releasing certain hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, to enable it to exert extraordinary physical strength to escape what is otherwise not possible.
Due to our hectic life circumstances, our body is in a constant state of emergency. The enzymes which are supposed to be released only in life-threatening situations are released at all times.
The common causes of stress are:
- Work Pressure / Peer Pressure
- Dysfunctional Family/relationships
- Chronic illness / Unhappy about oneself
- Financial Uncertainty
- Dissatisfaction over High Expectations
- Impending Bad News
Stress could have adverse effects on the body. Some of them are as listed below. On the …
Brain: Stress may cause headaches, migraines, and even strokes.
Throat: Hyperventilating and acid reflex
Heart: Hypertension, inflammation of the heart, and even heart attack.
Stomach & Intestine: stomach ache, nausea, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea
Liver: excess glucose production which may lead to Type 2 Diabetes
Blood Vessels: Constricted blood vessels, hypertension
Nervous System: can cause Alzheimer’s disease and may damage the nervous system
Some of the ways to overcome stress are as under:
- Identify what causes your stress and try to minimize it
- Be Optimistic
- Relax, Rest and Stay Calm everyday
- Take on a vacation now and then
- Indulge in Moderate Exercise
- Eat Healthy & Nutritious Balanced Food
- Read a book, Meditate, Pray
- Spend time on yourself. Have a Hobby
- Keep Healthy Relationships. Stay connected with Family & Friends
- Quit Drinking & Smoking
Fear of surgery and post-operative complications give a lot of stress to heart patients. At Oxymed Hospitals with the help of state-of-the-art screening tests, heart-related problems are detected at an early stage. With its effective non-invasive treatments like E.E.C.P, H.B.O.T, Nutritious Diet Plans & Lifestyle Modification Counseling programs, Oxymed steers patients to good, stress-free health.